WHAT FILE FORMATS CAN WE TAKE?
PDFs are always preferred (see Pdf set up below).
We also accept:
- InDesign (PC or Mac)
- Quark (PC or Mac)
- Illustrator (PC or Mac)
- Photoshop (PC or Mac)
- Most other desktop publishing and Office programs
For accurate colour, images and files should be supplied in CMYK format.
Position your pages in the centre of a larger page (eg. A4 in the centre of an A3). For multiple page documents it is usually best to provide individual pages rather than spreads. Include crop marks with a 3mm offset, and bleed of at least 3mm. Use the ‘print’, ‘high’ or ‘press’ setting when creating your PDF’s.
Other file format setup
To keep things running smoothly, please provide your artwork files in one main folder.
This folder should contain:
- the artwork file to be printed (to avoid mistakes include final artwork only – no extra versions please)
- any linked graphics or images.
- a sub-folder containing all screen and printer fonts used in your job.
- Remember to include any Fonts used in linked files.To maintain file integrity, please compress any fonts using ‘Drop Stuff’, ‘Stuffit Deluxe’ or ‘Zip’ for Mac or “Winzip” for Windows.
If you are emailing the finished folder, it is best to compress it using ‘Drop Stuff’, ‘Stuffit Deluxe’ or ‘Zip’ for Mac or “Winzip” for Windows. This not only reduces the file size, but also maintains file integrity when emailing – especially for fonts.